The Cotswolds Discoverer is a bus and rail pass that lets you explore the Cotswolds region in Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire and the pass includes bus and/or rail connections to nearby towns and cities including Oxford, Swindon, Bath, Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Due to the layout of the rail network in this part of the country, the bus portion of this pass is a more useful mode of travel than rail, although the rail connections to Cheltenham, Gloucester, Oxford and Swindon are a handy gateway to the Cotswolds region.
The Cotswolds Discoverer pass is valid for rail travel on the following routes:
- Oxford–Moreton-in-Marsh (GWR)
- Swindon–Stroud–Gloucester–Cheltenham Spa–Ashchurch (GWR)
- Gloucester–Yate (GWR)
- Gloucester–Cheltenham Spa–Ashchurch (Arriva Trains Wales and Cross Country)
This pass is not valid for rail travel before 8.50am Monday–Friday.
This pass is also valid for travel on the following bus routes:
- Cotswold Green: 28, 29, 40, 54, 54A, 881
- Go Ride CIC: C1, X8A, T1, 233
- Johnsons Excelbus: 1, 2, 3
- Pullham’s Coaches: 801, 852, 854, 855, X8, X9
- Stagecoach in Oxfordshire: 233 (weekdays)
- Stagecoach West: 14, 21, 41, 46, 51, 71, 93, 94
- Swanbrook: 853
|One day pass||£10||£8.30||£5|
The Cotswolds Discoverer can be used on trains operated by the following companies: