Lakes Day Ranger
The Lakes Day Ranger rail and bus pass is a one-day ticket that gives you unlimited bus and rail travel in the Lake District in Cumbria and also includes a cruise on Lake Windermere. The Lakes Day Ranger offers excellent value for a car free day out in England’s Lake District and elsewhere in Cumbria.
This pass includes travel on:
Northern Rail, Virgin Trains and TransPennine Express rail services between:
- Lancaster and Workington (via Barrow in Furness)
- Lancaster and Penrith/Windermere (via Oxenholme Lake District)
- Lancaster and Morecambe and Heysham Port
All Stagecoach buses within Cumbria (except school buses) and also service 555/6 between Cumbria and Lancaster.
A cruise on Lake Windermere from Ambleside, Bowness or Lakeside using Windermere Lake Cruises scheduled services.
Bonus discounted travel
In addition to unlimited bus, boat and rail travel, holders of a valid Lakes Day Ranger pass are entitled to the following discounts on presentation of their ticket:
- Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway – 10% discount off single and return fares
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway – 10% discount off single and return fares
- Ullswater Steamers – 20% discount off single and return fares
The Lakes Day Ranger bus and rail pass can be used on trains operated by the following companies: